Use what's in season to bake this gorgeous pudding.
- 400g apples or pears or mixture, cored and cut into small pieces
- 400g stoned plum, cut into chunky wedges
- 200g of blackberries
- 2 - 3 tbs of demerara sugar
- double cream, ice cream or natural yoghurt to serve
- For the topping:
- 140g plain flour
- 140g wholemeal flour or oats ( or mixture)
- 180g butter cut into small pieces
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1tsp of cinnamon if preferred ( we like adding a bit of mixed spices sometimes)
This recipie features our lovely...
First make the topping. Put the flours (or mixture of flours with oats) in a bowl with a pinch of salt, then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon with a fork, and chill until needed.
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
Tip the apples, plums and sugar into a big saucepan with 50 ml water and cook, stirring, for about 5 mins, until the apples are soft and juicy.
Stir in the blackberries, and tip into a baking dish.
Scatter over the crumble and bake for 45-55 mins until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling.